Monday, June 2, 2008

The calm before the storm!

Sunday left many of us wondering yet again, why is it that we live in Oklahoma? During Sunday school at church the power went out and we spent the next 30 minutes in the hallway with everyone watching the powerful wind storm that ended up putting a tree in my sister's roof! The damage could have been a lot worse, but it is still going to be quite the pain getting it all taken care of! (Sorry Ging!) Addie handled the storm well considering she had recently decided that thunder is the scariest thing on the planet! (Yet she loves the sharks on Finding Nemo.. I don't get it!) Easton of course had no clue what the big deal was. He was perfectly content to be eating his puffs and held by his Mama! What a sweet mama's boy he is! And think.. I was terrified of a boy! (still am actually.. I once babysat this boy and he made me name all his trucks, and he then told me I came up with the lamest names ever! How am I suppossed to know what to name a truck?)
Anyway, Addie has decided that she would much rather be at my friend Tricia's house than ours. Tricia watches the kids while I work, and Addie has really taken to her and her kids. I am glad. She asks for Tricia all day, and prays for her at nite! I am lucky to have such a sweet 2 year old. I hear they all aren't so sweet :)
We are excited that our friends Elizabeth, Rick, and Jon are coming tomorrow from California! Elizabeth and I have known each other for 22 years almost, and lived together during college (her college.. not mine.) So I am busy preparing for that, and awaiting the return of my family who has been in Ecuador for almost 3 weeks! Looking forward to seeing you all!

1 comment:

Kali said...

Hahahahaha I KNEW we could get you into it. I would LOVE to help in anyway I can. We will have a blogging session one of these days! I'm kinda sad we missed the excitement this weekend while in Houston only until we stayed a half hour in our closet last night with the sirens going off and no power!! UGH! Anyway, I hope you're having fun with your friends. Jonathan's family is coming tonight so let's get together after they leave Thursday...K BYE! (this is the kind of comment you get on your blog from me since we haven't talked for what seems like forever!!