Sunday, June 8, 2008

Update on my brother

Most everyone knows by now that Zane got dengyv fever while visiting Ecuador for 3 weeks. He had about 106 temp for a few days, and probably should have spent the last few days of the trip in the hospital! His fever has returned to normal now, and he made it out to church today for a few hours. (He said that if he didn't go to church Mom wouldn't let him work.. haha) Pretty scary there for a while, but he seems to be doing better. Still has some recovery time though.
Carson experienced the joy of tornados the other nite, along with our friends visiting from cali. I had just fallen asleep when Carson wakes me up telling me to get in the bathtub. Now I have lived here most of my life and grown used to tornado warnings, so I tend to not take them as seriously as some of the new okies. I had just fallen back to sleep when he woke me up again saying it really was headed for Broken Arrow, so we got the kids and somehow managed to all squeeze in the tub. Then came phone calls... Elizabeth (friend from cali, asking "what do we do?") my sister ("Are you watching this?") my brother ("are elizabeth and rick okay?") I just wanted to sleep!! Luckily the storm passed quickly and we all got back to bed with no harm done to the house or anything, just a couple of tree limbs down. This week has been quite the week for storms around here!
Little mister Easton cut his first tooth this week and is sick on top of that! Poor baby. He is still quite mellow through it all, but I am ready for the cold to be over. Addie has enjoyed having Jon visit. He is 10 months, and she loves him. If only she loved her brother as much.. she has been tormenting him a little lately. Taking toys, pushing him down, getting in his face.. all of which he has decided he does NOT like! He's very opinionated for an 8 month old!
Well pray we survive another week in this crazy weather!

4 comments:

Kali said...

I hope we survive, too!! :) As for Addie and Easton, they are siblings, that's what they do, right?! hee hee and I bet the fun has ONLY just begun!

Shana said...

I think we should go again to the splash park soon. I have a pretty full week this week so far, but maybe we could go Thursday around 11:00ish?
That is if it isn't raining again.

Krystal said...

Hey Genelle:) I love your blog--they're so fun--I just always seem to keep forgetting to keep mine updated. Tell your family hi for us!

Ellis Family said...

Hey Genelle! I know you said you weren't sure want to blog about... so ummm I tagged you on my blog. Check it out and Enjoy!
(By the way... I would like to get my hair trimmed up before school starts... is that doable?)