Monday, November 10, 2008

The Summers family

This morning Duane Summers passed away after fighting cancer for over a year. He left behind his wife, Becky, and thier seven children. Becky used to babysit my siblings and I when she was 11. We knew then that she would be an excellent mother, but did not know that she would have to finish it alone. Lucky she has so many people who love her and Duane, and who are willing to give all they have to help this family. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for them, and pray that their faith in the Lord will help them through this.
Watching her yesterday and the way she looked at her husband really helped me to appriciate my own husband. I don't know how I would live my life without him, and am grateful for all he does. He is a great daddy, and a great man! Thank you Becky for loving Duane with all your heart. I saw that in your eyes, and learned from it. Becky is a inspiration to me. Through this whole ordeal she has made life go on for her and her children. I aspire to be the kind of wife and mother she is.

4 comments:

Spencer said...

That was a beautiful message! You are an amazing mother and wife without a dought...

Melisa said...

That is just so heart breaking. I couldn't even imagine the pain she is in right now. What an amazing lady.

Brooklyn said...

Thanks for that post. I was really sad to hear about Bro Summers; they were my first Primary teachers and some of the first people I met in Oklahoma.

Shana said...

Life is so hard sometimes. I hate that for her. I thought the same things as you did this past week. It really helps you to stop and slow down and enjoy your family more.
I saw her youngest daughter in the nursery before her daddy's funeral and my eyes just welled up with tears. I thought about how sad that would be for her not to know her daddy. But, also how blessed that she is because she will know him after this life is over. That this life isn't the end of their family. That is just beautiful.